The Call for Proposals opens Wednesday, November 7, 2018 and closes Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at midnight.
You may submit one or more proposals in the following categories:
- Workshop Session: 60-minute session presented by 1 or 2 speakers
- Panel Session: 60-minute session presented by 3 or 4 speakers
Milestones National Autism Conference
June 11-12, 2019 | Cleveland I-X Center
About Milestones Autism Resources
Milestones Autism Resources is a 501(c)(3) with the mission of improving the lives of individuals with autism by educating, coaching, and connecting the autism community with evidence-based information.
About Milestones Conference
Milestones Conference is attended by professionals, parents and individuals with autism and draws more than 1,100 participants. The conference targets a wide range of topics related to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and addresses the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- View topics of high interest here. Topics not listed will also be equally considered.
- Milestones Conference only promotes evidence-based research and interventions, as defined by the National Professional Development Standards.
- Many attendees are experienced professionals and parents who do not require basic information and are interested in intermediate or advanced level sessions.
- We encourage submissions that meet Ethics CE requirements.
- We encourage hands-on sessions, interactive workshops, use of case studies, use of video clips and other visuals, as well as technology.
Submission and Selection Process
- The primary speaker will complete a profile and two required disclosure forms and then submit the proposal. The proposal includes the Session Title, Learning Objectives, Track, Audiences, Level of Content, Target Ages, Session Abstract and Detailed Session Description. An email confirmation will be sent upon submission.
- The primary speaker will add any additional co-speakers. A proposal will not be considered complete and will not be eligible for review until any co-speakers have been added. Co-speakers will be sent an email with their own login information. The primary speaker must ensure co-speakers log in to the submission site to complete their profile and disclosure forms prior to the submission deadline.
- A Conference Committee comprised of professionals, parents and individuals with autism will review each proposal.
- The Conference Committee may request that some submitters refine their proposals to create the best possible content for the intended audience.
- The Speaker will be notified by email whether the proposal has been accepted and the date and time of the session in March 2019. Accepted proposals may be scheduled in sessions at any time on June 11-12, 2019.
- All speakers will receive a free 2-day conference registration (which includes CEUs), complimentary meals, and parking.
- All speakers are responsible for their own travel expenses and other costs pertaining to their participation.
- Speakers are responsible for submitting a PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx) through this website by April 20, 2019. PowerPoint must adhere to forthcoming guidelines.
- Speakers are asked to bring 50 copies of their PowerPoint to distribute to attendees.
- Speaker PowerPoints and disclosure information will be made available to all conference attendees electronically.
- Speakers will be asked to furnish a list of requested books for the book vendor to have for sale at the conference.
- Speakers are required to furnish their own laptop computer for the session.
- Milestones reserves the right to videotape, audiotape, and/or photograph all sessions. (You will be asked to provide consent with your speaker agreement.)
Language and Style Guidelines for all Presentation Materials
- As an educational organization that serves the entire autism community, we recognize that some speakers choose to use person-first language while others choose to use identity-first language. We encourage everyone to use their preference and be part of the dialogue.
NOTE: Although Milestones will not change the content of your presentation, we reserve the right to edit your materials for consistency, length, format and grammar, as necessary.
You will be able to save your work and sign back in to complete your proposal. The primary speaker has read/write access. Co-speakers have read only access.
If you have questions, contact Leslie Rotsky at (216) 464-7600 x103 or [email protected]
|First-Time User | Create an Account||Returning User | Log In|
|For those who did NOT create an account for a past Conference and have NOT been added as a co-speaker.
For those who have created an account for a past Conference or who have been added as a co-speaker.